Each lesson is different but in our 40 minute lessons we may:
- Learn a new rote piece which concentrates on a certain technique.
- Improvise a short piece with teacher accompaniment.
- Do some finger patterns and warm up our fingers in an interesting way, or work through keys using scales or chords.
- Rhythm work away from piano.
- Lead into singing through solfa.
- Reading pieces combining rhythm, patterns and mood.
- Play some review pieces from memory.
- Ear training at piano or writing in manuscript book.
- Review main points of lesson.
Children should be sure what they are required to do, before going home to practise.