- Pupils are expected to commit to a year of teaching. Fees are worked out by the year and billed quarterly at the beginning of each school term.
- My recommended standard lesson is 40 minutes. Dedicated students and students Grade 4 and above need a 45 minute lesson. Children Grade 6 and above require an hour.
- I have a strict no make-up policy but 2-3 free lessons are given each year to allow for sickness and school camps.
- Lessons cancelled by the teacher will normally be made up, but on occasions will be credited.
- There will be a small discount for siblings at the discretion of the teacher.
- Notice of termination of lessons is required before the start of a new term. If notice is given in the middle of a term no refund will be given.
- Fees must be paid within three weeks of the beginning of term. If fees are not paid by mid-term lessons will cease until payment has been received, or a valid reason is given.
- Required books average between $40-$80 a year and are included in the termly fees.
- Parents are encouraged to discuss their child’s progress at any time.
- Pupils are expected to practise at least 5 days a week. For good progress to be made children should practise 30 minutes a day as soon as is possible.
- Examination and competition entries are made by mutual consent of pupil, parent and teacher. Pupils will not be entered until the teacher feels the pupil is ready. Occasionally a pupil is entered and then found not to be ready. The teacher may then suggest that the pupil is withdrawn rather than suffer the disappointment of failure. The entrance fee is not refundable. Ensuring that the pupil practises sufficiently, particularly leading up to the exam, usually avoids this situation.
The standard fee for a weekly 40-minute lesson with no make-ups is $440 a term inclusive of music books.