In the interests of pursuing excellence at the studio, we have revised our policies to reflect our teaching ideals.
1. I teach a standard lesson of 40 minutes. I have no qualms about this as I know it is impossible to teach effectively with 30 minute lessons. Even young children benefit by this longer time, allowing review time within the lesson and before practice at home can be done.
2. Children of Grade 4 or 5 standard will require 45 minute lessons as will diligent younger students. Children Grade 6 and above require one hour lessons.
3. Children also need to buy materials which cost between $40-$80 a year.
4. Students are expected to commit to a full year of piano study. if you need to discontinue please inform me as soon as possible. Withdrawal, if necessary, should happen between terms. If you choose to withdraw mid-term no refund will be given.
5. Fees are payable a term in advance by the beginning of each school term.
6. The studio has a no make-up policy. Lessons are not made up for any reason but I charge for 37 weeks a year and teach 39-40 weeks. The years fees are divided equally between the terms.
7. Families are given a small discount on fees. This is not a large amount as for me the preparation is the same whether or not children are related.
The Fees for 2018 are as follows: